Malpelo – Shark paradise
Orientation program actions
|Day 1||Arrival to Panama, hotel|
|Day 2||Breakfast, transfer to boat|
|Day 3-11||On boat – 7 days -3 dives a day|
|Day 12||Breakfast, transfer to Panama, overnight in hotel|
|Day 13||Breakfast, transfer to the airport|
- Accommodation in Panama City there and back
- Transports Panama City – port and back
- 7 days diving at Malpelo (3 dives a day)
- 11 days to ship accommodation with full board
- Full board on the ship
- Transfers from the airport to the ship and back
- diving guide
PACKAGE DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Anything not mentioned above
- Entrance fees to NP Malpelo (80, -USD / 1 day)
- meals not mentioned
- personal expenses
- rental equipment
Price is per person including taxes, min. 2 divers
Product created by Topdive s.r.o.
Take part in diving safari to one of the islands of the Golden Shark Triangle: Galapagos – Malpelo – Cocos Islands. This Island – volcano far offshore – 600 km from the coast of South America is one of the last places in the world where you can see nowadays healthy shark populations – flocks of hammerhead sharks, silk, reef sharks, gray, Galapagos, …
They call Malpelo Colombian Galapagos.
Malpelo belong to the Golden Triangle Galapagos shark, Cocos Island and Malpelo. The three sites are the best in the world for meetings with large pelagic animals and especially sharks who live there in huge quantities. Unlike the Galapagos and Cocos, Malpelo is only a solitary rock (volcano) on the high seas, hundreds of kilometers from the coast. The volcano is no vegetation, but is home to tens of thousands of seabirds and a small garrison of five men. Three weeks of the month are also anchored boat guards Malpelo National Park. You can’t meet another ship here.
Signal buoy 20m line and UW strobe signaling lasting at least 8 hours needed!!!!
The highlight of the safari will attempt to see the shark Odontaspis ferox, which was only discovered in 2000 here at Malpelo! Reaches a length of up to 5m, unfortunately, usually reside at around 60m. Divers with qualified divemaster and above, behind him will be able to go into depth with this divemaster Arvid, others will try to catch a glimpse of at least 45m. Arvid knows exactly where these sharks live.
Diving boat Inula
- 3 Bauer compressors
- 22 bottles of 11 liters aluminum
- 4 bottles of 15 liters steel
- 2 rebreathers, nitrox, helium, oxygen
- Weights and belts
- 6 m zodiac with 2x 40HP
- Workshop equipped with all necessary spare parts
- Length 24 m
- Daimler Benz Diesel 2.100HP
- Speed of 9 knots on motors, sails at 18 knots
- Water tanks 3000 liters, 6000 liters diesel
- Electricity DC 12 V / 220 V AC